If there is one thing we can all agree on, it’s that experiencing brain injury is very scary. The brain is such a complicated and mysterious organ that there is no telling what kind of things will happen to a person after they have experienced trauma to their brain. If the brain trauma is caused by an accident, then you not only have the trauma of being in an accident, which is scary all on its own, you have the brain trauma to deal with as well.
This article from the Shepherd Center lists the most common causes of brain injury. We have included those below for your reading convenience:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Violence or gunshot wound
- Military attack or bomb blast
Hopefully, in your lifetime you will never have to go through any of the above scenarios, but if you do not only will you need the best doctors around to help you recover from the brain injury you received due to an accident, you will need someone in your corner to help with all the legal issues.
The fact is, your medical bills due to brain trauma experienced in an accident will be astronomical. There are so many variables to consider when it comes to the medical cost of brain trauma. This article from Brain and Spinal Cord.org has this to say about the expenses incurred due to brain trauma because of an accident, “The case value of a traumatic brain injury depends on a number of factors. Damages claimed for a typical brain injury case are almost always over $100,000 and claims in the millions are not uncommon. Awards of these amounts do not mean that you will receive this amount; several expenses must be taken into account.”
So who do you turn to if you have experienced brain trauma due to an accident? Who is going to make sure your rights are protected and that you receive proper compensation? We would like to highly recommend the law firm of Davis, Saperstein, & Salomon, P.C. Below are the steps they will take if they handle your case:
As your attorneys, Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. will:
- Conduct a detailed investigation of how your injury occurred and identify all the potentially at-fault parties. If multiple parties contributed to the accident, it can increase the amount of insurance coverage available to provide compensation.
- Find all the applicable insurance policies that may pay compensation for the brain injury.
- Consult with your doctors and other medical experts to assess your physical harm and discuss the anticipated course of treatment and future medical needs.
- Estimate the extent of your losses including present and future medical costs, lost income, diminished earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
- Gather evidence and prepare your case as if it is going to trial. Thorough preparation allows us to negotiate with the insurance company from a strong position. Our attorneys are successful in settling most cases without a trial.
- Keep you informed of the progress of the negotiations and be available to answer your questions. We will discuss with any offers we receive in your case and share our opinion of whether it is a reasonable offer.
- Present your case to a New York jury if the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement of your brain injury claim. Our attorneys are skilled trial attorneys and are prepared to go to court if needed to help you obtain full compensation.
There is no getting around the fact that you need attorneys like these professionals to handle your brain trauma case. Visit the site and learn more about how these great attorneys will fight for you. You do not have to go through this experience alone.